Aims and Objectives
The MSTCS is established with the following aims and objectives:
- To undertake all necessary activities towards effective Tobacco Control in the State of Mizoram
- To take up necessary initiative/ collaboration/activities at State, National or Global level towards effective Tobacco Control.
- To take up necessary activities towards implementation of National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP) at State level as per central guidelines.
- To take necessary activities towards implementation of project called “Advocacy and Mobilization for Smoke Free Mizoram and effective Tobacco Control implementation in the State”, which is being funded by the Bloomberg Global Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use along with World Lung Foundation and managed by the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases.
- To work with various Governmental Organizations as well as Non-Governmental Organizations to combat the menace of Tobacco in the State.
- To take up other necessary works/activities as may be assigned by the Government of Mizoram from time to time.